PLASTER CRACK REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
Is the exterior plaster system on your home showing signs of deterioration from cracks in the plaster or suffering from messy and unsightly workmanship? If so, call us to now to discuss the best plaster repair options for your exterior plaster system.
We have extensive practical experience and technical expertise in the area of remedial plaster solutions having completed over 2000 successful plaster repair projects since 2006.
We regularly repair exterior plaster systems with the following problems:
- Cracks in exterior plaster systems
- Lack of diverter flashings to direct water away from the wall structure
- Lack of expansion joints to accommodate movement in the building structure
- Poor detailing at abutments (lack of saddle flashings)
- Lack of clearance from bottom of cladding to ground level
- Impact damage to plaster cladding system
- Lack of or poorly detailed waterproofing to penetrations in the plastered walls
- Lack of falls to plastered handrail and parapet tops
- Lack of mechanical flashings to joinery openings
If you wish to discuss the options available to repair your exterior plaster system, contact us now on (09) 479 8901 or call into our showroom/office at 19A Triton Drive, Albany.
Repair Options for Exterior Plaster Systems
There are various options to repair cracked or failing plaster cladding systems ranging from targeted repairs to corrective detailing to full recladding. Which repair option is best for you will depend upon a number of influencing factors including:
- Type of the problems with the plaster system
- Extent of damage to the structure of the home
- Age of the home (i.e. whether it is less than 15 years old or not)
- Your intentions for the property (long term or short term)
- Current value of the property (i.e. can the cost of a reclad be justified?)
- Potential value of the property after targeted repairs or recladding
- Cost of various repair options
- Availability of funding to complete the repairs
- Your appetite for risk – the old adage applies, the more you spend, the more you get and the lower the risk of future failure
We specialise in all aspects of repairing exterior plaster facades as well as full contract recladding in weatherboard and latest generation plaster systems. We have helped our clients through the decision making process hundreds of times.
Accordingly, we have a lot of experience and expertise in this area and can provide you with an unbiased overview of all options along with the benefits & risks that attached to each option.
For more information about the options to repair your home, you can contact us on (09) 479 8901 or call into our showroom/office at 19A Triton Drive, Albany.Request a Quote